Enjoy the benefits of exercise with the Beryllium Psychiatric Services Walking Group
The mental health benefits of walking
- Walking helps reduce cortisol, which in turn lowers your stress levels
- Physically active people have up to a 30% less risk of depression
- Walking fires up your problem solving capabilities
- Daily walks also help boost your creativity
- Longer walks can help you sleep better as you’re more tired at night
- Walking at a moderate pace for one hour, twice a week, is enough to reduce brain fog
- 20 minutes of walking releases endorphins that make you feel happier
- Studies have shown that 30 minutes of daily exercise such as walking can help to decrease depression is people who carry this diagnosis.
So come on and Walk With Chrep!